the Fat Quarter Shop.
When I saw them together I knew they would make a fabulous quilt.
So I got out my 60° ruler and made some triangles with an unfinished height of 5 1/2", added in a few more of my own text fabrics as well as some Kona Bone, et voila.
For the quilting I chose stitch number 138 on my Bernina, elongated it out as far as it would go and then randomly quilted straight(ish) lines.
I like the effect it creates.
On the back, I tried to use up every last scrap of the off cuts and pieced them into the Kona Bone background.
And the binding.
I could pretend I wanted to juxtapose the modern solids and urban text fabrics with the soft, floral binding thereby creating a dichotomy of polarising styles.
The truth is, it was the binding left over from this quilt
|Linking to WIP Wednesday|