Bored with hanging quilts off half-finished kitchen units, I thought I'd venture outside into the garden and seductively hang a quilt from a climbing rose in full bloom.
Anyway, continuing with my pledge. This quilt came about because it was a fat quarter pack on sale (always attractive to me, the word 'sale') here. It was my first purchase of gorgeous Lecien fabrics and the feature fabric was a panel of squares of little French scenes (think Eiffel tower) with French writing. Definitely meant I was going to keep it simple and just cut up into squares.
However, when I started sewing the squares together it looked...well...just square really and didn't do anything for me. So, I decided to group the squares into blocks of nine (three rows of three) with the centre panel being one of the feature French squares. I then separated each block of nine with a thin line of white Kona.
The back was a complete act of randomness. I just strip pieced together all the left-over bits.
Having pieced it on a sewing machine, it then became a 'downstairs' quilt (see previous post for high-level explanation) and I hand-quilted it.