'Flying Blind', please let me have your snail mail address and I'll get the goodies in the post to you tomorrow.
I really, really enjoyed reading about what you think you should be able to do and can't and was really pleased I'm not the only person that can't use the automatic threader on their sewing machine. However, what came across loud and clear was that most people seem to have a phobia of free motion quilting.
All I can say is keep practising...it does get better. And the following may help you:
- this link is where I would go to first, in terms of you understanding if you have the correct needle and thread for the job, thus sorting out some of your tension issues
- then I would probably send you here for about as comprehensive an overview of fmq that I can think of
- here and here if you want some inspiration
- and finally here for a bulk order if the previous two links have left you feeling depressed and inadequate
- Alternatively, you may instead decide to flash your cash on either this or this - the latter one was the first book I ever read on machine quilting
This being my last post of 2011, I've assembled a mosaic of all the quilts I finished in the last 12 months. It didn't feel a lot until I started putting the mosaic together. Now I see it, I feel I have more than earned the chance to shift down a quilting gear the next few weeks.
Not completely taking my foot off the pedal though as I started work on this...
...just a quarter done so far.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your own festivities wherever you may be and I'll see you back here in 2012 for lots more of the same.
Happy Christmas and a Healthy 2012