Last - this is the last bee quilt I have put together from the three bees that I was in.
My starting point was this fabric from Anna Marie Horner's Loulouthi line which I just thought was the happiest and fun fabric I had seen all year.
So I asked my fellow bee members to make me something that made them happy too.
Because there were no guidelines on block type or style, I knew the only way it was all going to hang together, was for everyone to make sure they incorporated some of the above fabric in whatever they made.
When the blocks came back I decided that this block from Lil just had to be the feature block on the middle.
The precision and detail is incredible. It is all hand turn applique as well.
And this block in particular from Jess with the tiny and precise squares and triangles had me ooing and aaahing.
And this lovely paper-pieced pot from Leila. And really, every block was different and lovely.
So I tried to find a pleasing balance with all the blocks and really just added more of the Loulouthi fabric in between to balance things up.
I quilted it with a grid pattern (with the exception of the centre flower pot block which I fmq meandered around the open space) using a mono-filament thread in the top and a grey cotton in the bobbin.
For the back I took the one remaining block and raw edge appliqued in between the Loulouthi and another piece of fabric.
Sincere thanks to the ladies of the Fresh Modern Bee II who helped in the making of this quilt (in no particular order):
And bee mama Lynne