Saturday 24 January 2015

Soy Amado No. 55

All the blocks in this quilt came from one person, including an instructional two page step-by-step of how I was to assemble the blocks to make the quilt the way the maker envisaged.

I was tempted to ignore the letter and do it the way I wanted to.
Just because I rather like assembling these quilts in a random way.

But I reminded myself someone had taken the time to make all these blocks, reined in my inner-truculence, behaved and did as I was told.



And I'm rather glad I did.




Beautiful quilt in a beautiful location.


I took these photos less than an hour ago and have not touched up the colours in any way.

It's not often, but just once in a while we get a gorgeous winter's day and suddenly it feel as if spring is lurking just around the corner.

18 comments:

  1. Spectacular pictures of both the quilt and the scenery! And good for you for managing your rebellious spirit! Well worth it this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful quilt, although one wonders why the maker did not send the quilt assembled and bound for you. I love the photos, your island is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very beautiful quilt! It is wonderful that you can photograph it is such a spectacular setting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely quilt. Glad you are having a fine winter day, too. It's nice to get a 'weather break' now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just amazing, the quilt and the place! Love both!

    I'm running a fabric giveaway, you are welcome to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely quilt. Unusual with the row of impov blocks running though the centre. A bit like following a recipe for you to assemble. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Princess has just announced that she wants to come and live there. When she's grown up. And she'll fly home in an aeroplane and bring me a special treat one time. Great quilt. Well done on the restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is adorable and so is the surrounding location. I hope that one day I get the opportunity to visit your beautiful island!
    Please go on with your soy-amado-project. It is so much worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous and well done for treading on the inner rebel - it must have been tough ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the layout, too. I'm sure that the blockmaker is pleased that you used her vision. It's a really pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like the layout, too. I'm sure that the blockmaker is pleased that you used her vision. It's a really pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blimey, who is this mystery person who has tamed the Wild Woman of Guernsey!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely quilt but if the person had such a strong vision why didn't they assemble the blocks themselves and send you a whole quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely!!!! as always.
    did you by chance arrange the blocks the way you wanted (and take a picture) then..... follow the instructions??
    it would have been interesting to see what YOU would have done with them..
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful . . . what a glorious post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this quilt, just so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10