It went together fairly quickly. As well as the Modern Whimsy prints I also used the following Kona solids: Kiwi and Sour Apple, (both green) Cayenne (burnt brownish red) , Melon (pink), Canary (yellow) and Rich Red (kind of self-explanatory). I also used the Rich Red for the binding.
I quilted it using a yellow Aurifil thread, either side of the seam lines. For the border I started off pebble quilting and then got bored. So I pebble quilted either side of two diagonally opposite corners and squiggle wiggled around the rest of the border which is where it went slightly wrong.
I switched to a variegated Aurifil thread for the squiggling bit and my machine did not like the variegated thread one bit. It clanked, it clattered, it sounded like it was taking its last gasp.
Switched back to the plain yellow thread. It was fine. No idea why.
For the back, I just took the triangle pieces that were left over, cut them in half again and then sewed them back together in a random fashion.
I then added in strips of the Kona solids as well as two of the Modern Whimsy prints.
Just got to sew a label on, then it is being squished into an envelope and making its way to start its new life with a newborn in the Netherlands.
|Linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish It Up Friday|