|Laurie Wisbrun fabric available here|
Some of the stash is quite old.
I just cut and sewed, only squaring up to a 9 1/2" unfinished block when I thought 'that looks OK.' The only planning was the addition of the three bits of brown and blue fabric, just to add a bit more interest to the proceedings.
For the quilting, I used this stitch on my sewing machine.
|Stitch no. 160 on the Bernina 440QE|
I then flipped the quilt round, positioned the needle in the middle of the quilt again and worked my way to the right again.
What this means is that half the scallop shapes face one way and the other half, the other.
|Quite possibly today's most boring quilt photo but hopefully you get the gist.|
I used monofilament thread in the top and a white cotton in the bobbin.
Monofilament because the contrast between the white and the brown is so high, either shade of thread would have been too visible. Monofilament gives the texture of the shape without the colour.
The pattern the stitch makes is possibly not as visible on the front, as the quilt has already been washed, owing to The Incident With The Hot Cup Of Coffee when the binding was part-way sewn on.
I thoroughly enjoyed this random exercise in sewing and I love the richness and variety that all the shades and hues of brown bring to the quilt.
If you would like to get liberated with some llamas let me know, as I still have a bit of the fabric left and I think I'm all llamaed out now.
Happy to post anywhere.