Not if you keep using the word 'like' it won't.
So can you make my party bags, you know, with cool text fabric on them?
What style were you thinking of?
Oh nothing complicated, just a simple zippered pouch.
Did you say 'zippered'?
Uh huh. Is that a problem?
No of course not. I was just thinking your friends might fancy a simple drawstring type bag thingy.
Errr no mum. Zipper will be fine thanks.
Oh, O-kaaay then. And how many do you need?
Err yeah mum, why, is that like a problem?
So I remembered Susan had sent me a lovely zippered pouch and I emailed her asking for her tutorial. She said she didn't have one.
That they are really easy to make up if you understand the construction.
Which I didn't.
But 15 pouches later I am pleased to say I do.
|Most of them are cut from layer cakes. I cut 1 inch off the side and 2 inches off the bottom.|
- Order zippers - I tried to find zippers as colourful as these this side of the Atlantic and failed. Well worth the order
- Cut off both ends that have the metal stopper bit - that way you are more likely to hang on to your sewing machine needles if you sew a bit too close
- The best finish is achieved if you encase both ends of the zip in a piece of fabric with the ends pressed under. If that is as clear as mud, there is a very good tutorial here
- Yes, in an ideal world you could interface each piece but for the purposes of making my motherly talents look good in as short a time as possible, I didn't
- They are lined which is enough
- And it also means you can knock them out at 10 minutes a piece
Which gives you more time...
...to listen to the helpful suggestions on how the birthday cake should look.