Monday 25 May 2015

Soy Amado No. 65

I've had a couple of months off from making these quilts but the quilted blocks have still been coming in. In one particular pile from Mina in Texas, there were quite a few blocks with white round the edges and I thought they would make a really interesting quilt.

So interesting, I came out of self-imposed Soy Amado exile to make them up into No. 65.



It's slightly breezy out there today and especially so at the coast, so what follows are not the calmest of quilt pictures.



Best one of the back I'm afraid.


And the backdrop in all its glory.



In keeping with the all white theme, I was planning on using only white for the binding. Then I found a backing off cut from my last quilt - hatchet block. I liked the tiny flash of red it gave so added that to the binding length.


And then I found a spot to get one final (and slightly calmer) shot of the front of the quilt.


14 comments:

  1. Oh, this is such a wonderful quilt - one of my favourite out of all the Soy-Amados! And your gorgeous breezy pictures make me wish more than ever before to once get a chance to visit your adorable island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt: well done Mina for making a complete set of co-ordinated blocks. Well done, Alison too, of course, for putting the whole qult together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right - it is a very interesting quilt - as in really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I thnk this is a fabulous quilt! Love all the white - it really show the designs and colours of each block perfectly. A grown up , sophisticated feel to this quilt. Glad you came out of exile to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone is going to love getting this very original sampler quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt, great view! I love the line quilting. It really adds to the quilt. The back of the quilt is awesome too!

    Carolyn
    http://www.homesewnbycarolyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not often that the back of a Soy Amado quilt is busier than the front! I'm glad you're out of exile, albeit temporarily? It's a real beauty this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your quilts make up so nice. This one is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squeeee! You have put these together so great! Sometimes I really wonder when looking at the individual blocks how they are going to work but then I just trust that you have made some beautiful quilts with these blocks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I know I've said this before...but this may be my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10