Saturday 12 November 2011

Drunkard's Path quilt top

It's sewn together...



...with a slight adjustment to the placement of the blocks; left hand column is circles, 2nd column half a circle facing down, middle column circles, right hand column half circles facing up, final column circles.


It's been a great way to use up scraps, including ones that I had long since fallen out of love with. All they needed was to be sitting next to something more modern and they soon perked up.



All cut with my Go! Baby. Accuquilt have been extremely decent and a new one is on its way.
What is really fun about this quiltalong  is that everyone is choosing different pattern layouts for the Drunkard's Path...the drunkard must have been well sozzled for there to be the amount of possibilities there are.

This quilt is destined for a baby that should be putting in an appearance in the next week or two, so on with the quilting it is.

15 comments:

  1. This is such a great quilt top! I love the layout you chose for the blocks and the way you put the colors together. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab. I love that with scraps you can mix in stuff you no longer are keen on and it gets 'lost' amongst stuff you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a maniac! Can't believe you got this done so quickly! It looks fantastic. Love your layout with the scrappy look. It looks like a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful! A DP quilt or two are on my list for sure, I like this scrappy approach of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just loooove this! And I like how you have some columns of semi-circles too. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that was quick! I like the scallop shapes you have created. It's going to be so amazing when it's quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that about putting random scraps together - they just magically work together! Love it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scrapiness and colour! What a wonderful baby quilt it will make - you must be super-pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That qilt is lovely. I have yet to face piecing curves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilt top and love that you are getting a new Go! Baby. Good to hear they responded to your problem quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I really like the black and white pop!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quilt top - stunning! Makes me want to go through my scraps and stash and see what I can come up with!! Glad you're getting a new Go baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. Do you have a new header or am I going batty?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tienes unos trabajos preciosos, te felicito
    saludos
    Josefina
    tijerasycuchara.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10