Tuesday 7 June 2011

Spicing Up The Kitchen Swap

I'm all done with the Spicing Up The Kitchen Swap on Flickr.
I loved my partner's likes as they are pretty similar to mine so it was a good excuse to break out the Loulouthi:

I can't give you explanations of use for any of these because her 'would like to have' suggestions were quite specific and I don't want to give the game away:

Hand quilted. All cups and subsequent tea pots have been quilted around to make them stand out

 My husband likes the next one.
Thinks we should keep it.
Doesn't quite get the old 'making something for a complete stranger that you are most probably never going to meet' scenario.
I am pondering that point.
This one is hand quilted in various perle cottons. 


I think it's kind of obvious what these are, especially if I tell you I used two layers of batting.
Think I like this one the best

All Anna Maria Horner fabrics seem to go together, no matter which collection they are from








This was a fun and quick collection to make.
Although not that quick partner -  I still ignored a fair few 'muuuuuum, I'm ready to come out of the bath now' yells.

Hope you like them.

PS. A heads up for the ladies from Fresh Modern II Bee. It's me next month and I've become obsessed with this particular fabric from Loulouthi so you'll all be getting to share in the love.


12 comments:

  1. I'm totally obsessed with this whole line. I got a fat quarter bundle of the Eleni palette and just can't figure out what to do with it. Your post is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous! You inspired me to make just a few Loulouthi Miniquilts (when fabric arrives...)to hang on the wall. It looks amazing!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your swap gifts are gorgeous - and I have a husband who doesn't get the swap thing either. My father neither. He keeps telling me not to give away my Brit Swap quilt. Um, Dad, sort of spoils the whole purpose of the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband has the same response to this whole swap business ;) Very cute package. I do think that fabric is "very you", as far as this "complete stranger" Canadian friend would know anyhow!

    What's the deal with the tractor with the doctor plate??

    ReplyDelete
  6. You`re such a quick worker! They look fabulous and love the backings too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely...you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps it's time to make one for the not-stranger that you meet every day! LOL

    They are all very nice, I can understand why he'd want to keep one or more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are not just nice, I FRICKEN LOVE THEM! I am completely in awe and love for this amazing swap you have made. Your swap partner is the luckiest girl on the planet right now. ha ha I'm jealous =)
    Were the tea pots, cups and saucers a print on the fabric that you stitched around or did you piece and stitch them on? Just beautiful, I cannot say enough, they are perfect and you did an amazing job with the colors.
    Cheers,
    carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made the cups and saucers look look so real. Great job. Very lucky swap partner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful! What is that print with the teapots and cups and saucers?

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO happy to have these BEAUTIFUL items in my home!!:) Thank You, from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10