Thursday 6 August 2015

Soy Amado No. 68

Soy Amado No. 68

Bright, primary (well if we ignore the pink and the purple) colours.



I am still enjoying making these.
I know I'm not going at them with the same intensity as last year but I think that's why I'm still enjoying them.

Each time I work on something else, or I have a little tidy and come across scraps of fabric, I cut them up into 1" and 1 3/4" strips, put them in a cardboard box, wait until it starts to look full and then pull out 20 blocks to assemble into a Soy Amado quilt and use up some of the strips.

Sometimes I have enough to go right across one section with the same strip of fabric but most of the time I don't and I actually think that works better with the whole scrappy feel to each quilt.



Soy Amado. No. 68


Thanks for your comments in my previous post about blogging versus Instagram.

Fear not, this is still my preferred medium.

Maybe not as frequently as I would like but still staying here.

13 comments:

  1. I love your blog... and quilts! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt. I think you are wise not to 'push' too hard with the Soy Amado this year. You want it to be fun not something you dread doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried three times to comment, but I'm a WordPress blogger and Blogger doesn't like me! This is another fabulous quilt - but like you, my favourite is the last one. And I'm glad you're still blogging and not going entirely Instagram, which I don't do. I like to hear about ideas and process, and you can't do that on IG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors--it is amazing how good the pastel blocks look with them. Good combination. https://knitnkwilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. bright and beautiful, will warm some one's heart and soul.. i've been reading your blog all the way to the end or beginning, so inspiring with color and patterns. thank you. keep up the work..

    ReplyDelete
  6. bright and beautiful, will warm some one's heart and soul.. i've been reading your blog all the way to the end or beginning, so inspiring with color and patterns. thank you. keep up the work..

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is brilliant as ever. Love the quilt and the scenery. I also notice that there is a little audience on top of the tower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The back is as great as the front! Beautiful location for the photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love your blog, and your humour...
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh.....and your quilts and creations of course too!!!!!
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this one - it's so jolly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful quilt, wonderful that you're still blogging! I need to get back at it! I do love Instagram, too, though.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10