Friday 16 March 2012

Almost there...

...but not quite


I need to add four more rows and then I'm done.

I didn't use a whole jelly roll in the end. It was getting beyond tedious cutting everything up into little 2 1/2 inch squares so I took out maybe 10 different shades of what is already in there. Hopefully the rainbow effect is not lost.



I also have some 'thank yous' to do.

To Margi for giving my blog a much needed spring clean. If you fancy changing your blog and paying someone else a very reasonable sum of $CAD ask Margi.

A thank you too to Geta who very kindly sent me a copy of her new book


I'm going to have a flick through it this coming weekend and see what I can attempt.

And finally, a big thank you to Susan who sent me this a little while back...


...for no other reason than I unashamedly hinted I'd like one when I first saw one similar on her blog.

Thank you to all of you.

(It's Finish It Up Friday time again at Amanda Jean's)

15 comments:

  1. I love your new look - it's so clean and fresh - it's different but still feels like you. I also love the HST rainbow quilt and the new book looks interesting, I can't wait to see what you make first! Gorgeous pouch from Susan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rainbow quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that quilt top is stunning! I love the way you arranged the colors, it has such a strong visual impact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is stunning, I want one too. Your blog looks lovely and you get wonderful presents too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog looks great, as does the quilt. I think I am going to start dropping big hints all over the place now!! I really love that quilt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely rainbow quilt and fun book I bet

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the rainbow quilt! The rainbow effect is definitely not lost, its just fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt top. You obviously have far more patience than me. And your welcome for the pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMmm lovely lay out - and did someone just suggest a 2.5" WOF swap???

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is wicked cool. I love the bold colours, and I love how you used the black and white print as the 'solid' contrast. Very clever use of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a pretty HST quilt you've made. That's a clever way to lay them out. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new blog look and the quilt is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hadley got there before me Alison - I really love your cushion though! Well anything you make really ...hint hint! Hehe!

    Or does it only work on Susan?

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHHH I love the rainbow quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Amazing quilt! I, too, would like to read Geta's book.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10