Wednesday 19 March 2014

Soy Amado No. 10

And we're now in to double figures with a fabric mule quilt.


This gorgeous central block (four blocks worth in size) was generously donated by Jo(anne) along with several other blocks thank you.

When she first posted it on Flickr I said it was a true Mexican pinata donkey.

I've been asked by several people if I'm still putting 'Soy Amado/a' on the quilts and for the most part I am. I ran out of the fusible paper stuff and so Plan B has been to rather amateurishly machine stitch the words instead.



And the back.


And finally, some up close and personal ones.




Oh, and I heard another batch of quilts were delivered to the home today :-)

11 comments:

  1. Yay! That star looks great in there. And that central block is amazing!
    I posted another batch of blocks to you today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that donkey!!! I started my blocks today, at long last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for double figures! This quilt is full of cheeky animals :) Will send some more at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne’s donkey is fabulous! Love all the cats in the center of the stars too! Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fab quilt! So great to see my block in there :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great quilt thi is again!!! I love the donkey too, who wouldn't ??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, that donkey is just perfect. I am going to make you some blocks this week so if you email me your address I will put them in the mail soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two blocks done, two more in the wings, and a whole box full of orphans that I need to go through for possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful, thoughtful way to lift the spirits of the children and let them know they are loved. Brilliant. I'm glad you are stitching the sentiment onto each quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is your eventual goal for quilts for the home in Mexico? And then where will you turn your eye next?

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10