Monday 17 March 2014

Soy Amado No. 9

Hugely in love with this one.


ALL the blocks AND the binding were very generously sent by Maryse and are just truly scrumptious. The blocks were the perfect size, all matching up beautifully and I didn't even check if  the binding was going to be long enough - I just knew it would - so off I went. I was enjoying this quilt so much I hand sewed the binding down...before adding a line of machine quilting to be doubly secure.

The quilt has a bit of a Denyse Schmidt thing going on, so literally all I did was use the same mustard fabric Maryse has used in some of the blocks and used it as the joining sashing for both back and front.

I LOVE the simplicity of the back.

Have since restitched the top horizontal line on the right where I missed a bit - fear not!


Can I give you some more gratuitous shots?


And an arty farty one to keep the 'Photographer's Assistant age 11 but everso close to being 12' happy.





17 comments:

  1. Love Denyse Schmidt fabrics and log cabins! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and vibrant and colourful. I'm glad it's going where it is going, but gosh it would look nice at my place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Love all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the blocks, love, love the mustard binding..Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one's really lovely! That mustard is perfect with those blues and reds.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous!!! Loving the colours and fabrics!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it and the soon to be 12 photography. Assistant did well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - Mary and Alison- this is a wonderful quilt. The rolled photos are really great as they show the fabric in all its close up glory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you add the words Soy Amado to all of the quilts, or was that too much work?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful quilt. You started out with some beautiful blocks and your expertise at putting them together result in a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm feeling the need to send you some blocks. Please send me your address. malinda.dagenhart at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great quilt! So glad you are getting more and more blocks and quilts for the cause!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10