Friday 28 March 2014

Soy Amado No. 14

I love it when people use stamps, not least because it sheds a little personality on their country.
My memories of reading the Moomin books as a child came flooding back when this parcel of blocks arrived from Finland.



What can I tell you about number 14?

Well for a start, it contains some blocks from Emma who is Brianthemessiah (I'd like to know why) on Instagram.

Look how tiny and perfect those triangles are.


Just beautiful.


I just like how it is a mix of the modern and traditional but it all seems to gel together.


I think it helps if you then use the same coloured sashing to bring it all together.


It feels like an homogenous mesh of everyone's best intentions.

And I like that thought.



11 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful quilt, one of my favourites so far. your quilting journey has inspired me to get some friends together to make similar quilts for refugee families that have arrived in Adelaide with no belongings - a little closer to home but the same sentiment. Your journey is inspirational and has wide reaching and positive effects. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one is so different but this is in another league altogether. Great quilt, some very different blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very happy, sunny quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all special and unique! I thought you might need a little more of a break after completing your jumbo gift for your friend, Alison, but you're still speeding along. Awesome! I've been hoping that the blocks are still coming in on a regular basis. As my self-imposed mailing deadline of April 2 approaches, I need to quilt a 60x60 donation quilt and I have 18 or 19 more blocks for you in the works as well. Better go hit the sewing machine for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellenti!
    PS Emma is not the messiah, she's a very naughty girl (just to confuse you more!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to each Soy Amado quilt you finish! This one is a lovely mix. I've got 6 blocks in the works and hope to have more before I mail them to you next week. :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10